The Oculus Rift Development Kit 2 is a pair of head-mounted virtual reality goggles. Open hours are held on Saturdays from 2-4 pm. If you’re interested in developing for the Rift, contact Tim, Lylia, or KY.
- Ensure the Oculus PC is plugged in and turned on. Plug the yellow Ethernet cable into the lower left hand jack (2S.B.20) under the computer in room 243 (where the Form 1+ lives).
- Open the Oculus application on the PC with the shortcut located on the desktop and start a demo. If the Oculus screen does not load automatically, cycle the power by using the button on top of the goggles next to the orange status light.
- Focus can be adjusted in-demo by physically pulling the Rift away from your face and letting it settle back or adjusting the tightness of the straps. If this doesn’t help, use the transparent knobs on either side of the goggles to adjust the focus of the individual lenses.
- Test the headphones/speakers, Xbox controller, and other peripherals. Only one of the headphones or speakers can be plugged into the PC’s audio jack at a time.
- If the Rift plays but fails to duplicate the screen view to the PC screen, press the ‘M’ key to reset.
- If the Rift view is flipped or otherwise massively miscalibrated, cycle the power using the button on top of the goggles next to the orange status light.
- Other problems are often demo-specific. Make sure Rift problems can be reproduced in a few different simulations, then report them.