The Original Prusa I3 MK2s and MK3S are small-sized desktop printers that print additively with standard filament in PLA, ABS, and a variety of other filaments.
Here is a great tutorial on how to change filaments.
MK3S Multi Material Upgrade
Here are a few tips and instructions when using the Prusa MK3S MMU2s:
You have to pay very close attention to detail when using this printer! Follow each of these steps as closely as possible!
- You do not have to preheat in order to “Load Filament”, but you do have to preheat when you “Load Filament to Nozzle.”
- Before starting a print, make sure there is already filament in the nozzle.
- If the lights on the MMU2S are blinking and nothing is happening, check the back of the MMU2S handbook for the troubleshoot directions (pictured below) , or look here.
- If you only want to print in a single color, you have to set the printer to “Original Prusa i3 MK3s MMU2s Single” in Prusa Slic3r.
- When printing multiple colors, use printer “Original Prusa i3 MK3s MMU2s” and make sure the extruder number matches the color you want that part of the print to be.