Much of the art of 3D printing can be learned through good old-fashioned Googling. Below are some websites that we have found particularly helpful.
All3DP is like the Buzzfeed of the 3D printing world. It publishes many easy-to-read and informational listicles about the basics of 3D printing, as well as the latest news about 3D technology. See:
- 16 Common 3D Printing Problems and Solutions
- .STL (3D Printing File Format): Explain Like I’m Five
- 30 Best Sites to Find Free STL Files/3D Print Models
- 10 Best 3D Modeling Software Tools
- 3D Scanner 101: The Essential Questions Answered
Lynda provides instructional videos in a variety of technology and business topics. In particular, it has many useful tutorials for those who are interested in learning how to use the 3D modeling software that is available on the Makerspace computer. Williams students have access to all of Lynda’s resources. For instructions on how to set up an account, visit Williams’ OIT webpage.
The 3D Printing Subreddit can be a useful resource for 3D printing news and troubleshooting forums.
Youtube is a good resource for how-to videos for operating both software and machinery. Below are some useful video tutorials.